SEO Training Course for Beginners
The Avenue SEO for Beginners training course is for anyone involved in the day-to-day running of digital marketing campaigns who wants to get a better idea of how to rank their website in the search engines. Designed to simply and pragmatically explain the way search engines read, understand and rank web content it is easily accessible for those just beginning their journey into SEO. Whether you are overseeing a digital team and need greater clarity of what SEO involves, or you are responsible for the implementation and success of campaigns, this course will equip you with a thorough understanding of SEO.
How will it help me?
This beginner’s SEO training course will give you a firm foundation in the facts of SEO. Often there is a lot of conflicting information about SEO online and it is hard to know what to trust. This clear and simple course will give you a thorough understanding of the crucial elements of SEO. After this day’s training you will have confidence in creating an SEO strategy, auditing your current SEO performance and understanding how the search engines view and value your website.
What will I learn?
- Introduction to SEO
- The differences between the major search engines
- The different features of search engines
- Algorithms, filters and penalties
- Identifying your online audience
- Profiling and developing personas
- Understanding your audience’s needs
- Identifying search trends
- The importance of keyword research and how to conduct it
- On-page optimisation
- Auditing and improving the key elements of a webpage – page titles, meta descriptions and header tags
- Copy writing
- Schema mark-up
- Google My Business and Bing Places
- Citations and their importance
- Link-building guidelines
- PR and outreach
- Technical SEO
- Understanding how search engines “see” pages
- Crawling and indexation
- HTML tags – including no index, no follow and canonical tags
- HREFLANG tags and internationalisation
- Load speed
- Mobile and usability
- Mobile first index
- Mobile friendliness
- Usability and user engagement
- Reporting and reviewing your campaigns
- Identifying your goals
- Setting key performance metrics
- Reporting and reviewing cycle
WHAT TO EXPECT
Our training is delivered in London's Covent Garden, at the Hospital Club which is a unique private members club for the creative and media industry. The space is informal and relaxed and hosts the perfect environment to impart knowledge and inspire. If you would like to arrange bespoke training for a group at your premises, we would be happy to discuss this option with you.
The training itself is delivered by some of the very best talent in the industry, proving additional insight and tips from their own experiences to help your campaigns soar. All our trainers are friendly and boast many years’ hands-on practical experience, often managing large monthly client budgets. Approximately twenty percent of their time is spent providing training and consulting, with the remaining eighty percent spent actively managing our client’s SEO accounts and our own in-house SEO teams. So you are being trained by some of the very best!
09:00 – 09:15 – Arrival and welcome
09.15 - 11.00 Training
11:00 – 11.15 Coffee and cake break
11:15 - 12.45 Training
12.45 - 13.15 Lunch
13.15 - 14.45 Training
14.45 – 15:00 Coffee and cake break
15:00 - 16.30 Training
16.30 - 16.45 Depart
Each course is tailored for each client, and class sizes are kept to a maximum of 10 employees to ensure that each participant gets the most from each session.
£1,000 + VAT (up to 10 delegates)
Pay by credit card or invoice.
The Hospital Club
24 Endell Street
We are also happy to hold training sessions at your own offices