Content Writing for the Web
Who is it for?
This easy to understand and practical training course is designed for in-house marketing teams and freelance copywriters; anyone whose job it is to ensure written copy is developed that both engages and ranks well. Whether you are new to writing for the web, are a seasoned journalist looking to understand the move to digital or a brand marketer wanting to improve the copy on your website, this course will give you clear guidance on what the search engines, and your visitors, are looking for from your online content.
How will it help me?
This course will give you a thorough grounding in how to write copy for the web that benefits visitors to your website, leads them to take desired action on your site and further promotes your brand. Alongside writing copy for human visitors we will explore what it means to write copy that the search engines can read, understand and rank highly.
What will i learn?
- Introduction to SEO
- How search engines rank content
- The fundamentals of on-site, off-site and technical SEO
- Understanding your audience
- Identifying your digital audience
- Discovering how readers interact with digital content
- Understanding user intent
- Discovering the search terms used by your audience
- Optimising your content for the search engines
- Using keywords in your copy
- Writing for people, not machines
- Using code to highlight your webpage’s relevance
- Writing to engage and convert
- Using persuasive writing
- Identifying your tone of voice
- The importance of message
- Writing to shape the user’s journey
What to expect
Our training is given in small class sizes in the centre of London's Covent Garden, at the Hospital Club a creative hub for the digital and media industry. If you would like us to provide training for a group at your own offices, we would be happy to arrange this with you.
All our training is delivered by our seasoned marketing professionals. Each trainer has hands on experience of working with clients in a range of industries and as such are well equipped to give guidance and advice tailored to your particular needs.
09:00 – 09:15 – Arrival and welcome
09:15 - 11:00 - Training
11:00 – 11:15 - Coffee and cake break
11:15 - 12:45 - Training
12:45 - 13:15 - Lunch
13:15 - 14:45 - Training
14:45 – 15:00 - Coffee and cake break
15:00 - 16:30 - Training
16:30 - 16:45 - Depart
Each course is tailored for each client, and class sizes are kept to a maximum of 10 employees to ensure that each participant gets the most from each session.
£1,000 + VAT (up to 10 delegates)
Pay by credit card or invoice.
The Hospital Club
24 Endell Street
We are also happy to hold training sessions at your own offices